If you’re not doing these things, you should be:
1. Where feasible, encrypt your data.
2. Institute multi-level passwords to protect confidential information.
3. Enter into confidentiality agreements with your employees requiring them to protect your data.
4. Enter into confidentiality agreements with your vendors and contractors as well.
5. Train your employees in data security and put in policies and procedures to keep it safe.
6. Do not dispose of documents or data carelessly.
7. Restrict visitors and employ prudent plant security.
8. Lock up or otherwise secure sensitive information.
9. Use copy protection and embedded codes to trace copies.
10. Provide confidential information on a “need-to-know” basis only.